Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Microwave Chicken Tacos!

Yes, you read that right.  I made chicken tacos in the microwave tonight thanks to a WONDERFUL Pampered Chef recipe.  The original recipe is actually for fajitas, but my boyfriend and I are very picky eaters and ours turned out more like tacos.  You are supposed to use their Deep Covered Baker stoneware, but unfortunately I haven't been able to afford that yet  :(   So I'll admit, I had to cheat and use another dish I have because it MUST be covered.  I'm co-hosting a Pampered Chef party in a few weeks though, and I'm hoping to be able to afford it by then (or at least the smaller version, which is supposed to be perfect for cooking for 2!).

*Sadly, I was so hungry, I totally forgot to stop and take pictures, lol. 

It was so easy!  I just roughly chopped up some onion and bell pepper and put them in the bottom of the dish with a little lime juice. (Even if you're like us and don't like the taste of them, I still recommend putting them in because they give the chicken a wonderful flavor and aroma.)  Then put 2 chicken breasts seasoned with taco seasoning, salt, pepper and a little onion powder on top.  Put the lid on and pop it in the microwave for 15 minutes.  While it was cooking, I got all the other ingredients ready, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, etc. When the chicken is done, you can cut it up with Pampered Chef's Salad Choppers, but again I don't have them (one day! and when I have a kitchen big enough to hold it all!) and just used a knife and cutting board.

The chicken came out moist and tender. My boyfriend could not believe I had just made it in the microwave, he told me at least 3 times how good it was!  This is definitely going to become a staple in our house thanks to its ease of preparation and wonderful taste! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment