Monday, November 26, 2012

Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure Review

My first review from my College VoxBox!  =)

First, I have to say that I loved the design on the nails, they are super CUTE! (It's called WinkWink, btw.)

 

And the container they came in was so cute too!  In the shape of a bottle of nail polish!


 The instructions were VERY easy! And there was NO messy glue! 


 All you have to do is go through and pick out a cover to go on each nail and line them in the order they go on,  like this:


Then clean your nails with the pad provided, this ensures they will stick firmly to your nail.  Finally peel the tab off the back and place then over your regular nails.  

And voila! Instant manicure!




Now for the negatives:
I put the nails covers on on Thursday morning (I wanted to show them off for Thanksgiving dinner :) ) and one already came unglued by Sunday morning (with several more feeling loose, edges coming up).  The tips were chipped by Sunday morning as well.  Not so bad that it was highly noticeable by others, but it was definitely noticeable to me.  I tend to like "fake" nails over just painting my regular nails because they usually resist chipping for much longer, so I was slightly disappointed. 
Also, it was a little difficult to get the tabs off the nails once I had one hand done and I was working on the second, so I had to have my boyfriend help me.  Being able to put them on by myself was a large part of why I was so excited about trying these nails since there was no glue involved, but sadly I still couldn't.  I will say this may just be a problem I had, though, only because I haven't had long nails in a while so you may not have an issue with this. 
I loved the design on the tip of the nails, but you could clearly see the glue edge through the nails (even at arms length) and it made them look tacky and cheap.  I was honestly a little embarrassed to show them off because this flaw was so apparent  :(

Final verdict: I would recommend these nails if you need a quick manicure and don't have the time/money to get to a nail salon.  For $7 (average price online) they work and are fairly easy to put on, but don't expect them to last more than 2 - 3 days.  I did get compliments on how pretty the design was, but the nails just didn't last as long as I expected them to (package says up to a week).  The concept is great and there is hope for this product, it just needs some tweaking.  My biggest issue was the glue edge being visible and this would not have been a problem with some of Broadway's other designs.  You can see them all here. I may end up trying out one of the solid color/pattern designs (that aren't see through!) during the holidays with all of the parties that will be going on.


Here is what the package looks like if you are interested in trying them for yourself:


 And just a reminder, this product was provided to me for free by Influenster for testing and review purposes. If you would like more info about signing up with them, send me a message  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment